We hope you find searching our database an easy experience bringing you
accurate results. We welcome all comments and suggestions! Please email
us at email@example.com.
GIW is a content oriented library. We are digitizing our entire collection as sequences and not merely short individual shots. It is our philosophy that viewing the footage in this way will enable you to have greater creative choices, to see the content in its original context, and enables you to actually reduce your research time by not having to click in and out of hundreds of short clips.
Free Research within our collections - Our knowledgeable staff provides research within our collection, for no fee. Just call or email with your request.
Performing a search - Enter keywords or search terms into the Search field to perform a full text search across all fields. You can choose from the three different Boolean operators - all, any, exact. Searching will be across both the digitized and non digitized text only records.
Advanced Search - An advanced search will allow you to perform a more targeted search across a number of specific fields. Advanced search will also allow you to select multiple options in any of the drop down fields by holding "CTRL" key while selecting the felds.
Search Results - Results by default are sorted by relevance. However, you can change to a date sort option - either ascending or descending. Results will bring up both the digitized clips as well as text only available clips and tapes.
Clip Results vs Tape Results - When reviewing results, you might see several clips which have been digitized from the same tape and would like to see the whole tape. You can select the "See entire tape" link and all clips from that tape will be displayed.
Clip Bins and Ordering Screeners - Once registered, you can use the clip bin option to save your selections, download any clips as a QuickTIme Movie, or email the clip bin to co-workers and clients. Alternatively, you can email us with your selections and we will assemble a screening reel for you. These Quick Times are low resolution time coded reference copies for screening purposes only.
HOW TO USE OUR VIDEO PLAYER
Using our video player is easy.
· To view videos - simply press either one of the Play buttons located on screen or on the bottom left corner of the video player.
· To pause videos - during playback simply press the pause button in the lower left corner of the video player.
· When a video is playing, the control bar will disappear to allow an unobstructed view of the video clip. Simly move your mouse to the lower portion of the video player screen to make the control bar re-appear.
· Full Screen Mode - This button is located to the right of the horizontal timeline. This feature will bring the video full screen on your monitor for better viewing. To exit full screen mode press the "ESC" key on your keyboard.
· Volume Control - To the right of the Full Screen Mode button is the Volume Control which allows you to adjust the volume of the clip accordingly.
Occasionally playback may be slow or choppy, this will vary with connection speeds.
UNDERSTANDING THE ON-SCREEN INFORMATION
The on-screen information is important for ordering material.
· Tape Number - A four digit code usually found either to left or right of the time code. This number is vital when ordering masters.
· The time code - usually visible in lower third of screen. When ordering masters we will need your selection of shots with in and out time codes.
· The running time code - This counter indicates the length of the particular video clip and where you are in the total run time. This run time code is only for your reference. We do not use this time code for master orders.
If you are still experiencing difficulties please contact us for further assistance.
Back to Global ImageWorks Home
All contents © 2003-2011 Global ImageWorks, LLC. All rights reserved.